St. Thomas Aquinas Human Concerns Committee Meeting Minutes June 24, 2008
Paul Chestnut, Mary Fong, Carol Schaffer, Patricia Markee, Laura Chiu, Kieran McCarty, Ruth Chippendale
1. Faith-Sharing/Question of the Week - Kieran
2. Approval of May minutes
3. Death Penalty Abolition- Can we get parish on board? - Terry
4. National Religious Campaign Against Torture
5. Web site revisions - Paul
Walt submitted an article on torture, will add to new website
6. Burning Bush event for social justice activities
Death Penalty, Terry to approach Fr. George.
7. PSC meeting June 11
See Paul's email with summary of topics discussed. After Paul left, the PSC continued discussion on helping the Mountain View Day Worker Center. If the DWC or Patricia can come up with some kind of fund raising event, the parish will be very eager to support.
8. Need drivers for Hidden Villa youth - George
9. Annual Parish Report
Paul to expand his report to the PSC so it covers the past 12 months, then send by email to Mary Fong. Mary will add graphics and photos and do final formatting to fit everything within 2 pages. These will be the HCC pages for publication in the Report. Deadline to submit to Communications Committe is June 30.
10. What's On Your Mind?
11. Volunteer for Faith-sharing/Question of the Week
Next meeting - July 22