St. Thomas Aquinas Human Concerns Committee Meeting Minutes, November 17, 2009
Paul Chestnut, Ruth Chippendale, Walt Lundin, Terry McCaffrey
1. Faith-Sharing/Question of the Week -
2. Approval of October minutes The minutes were approved by acclamation.
3. The Green Committee Three of our HCC members have joined the newly-formed Green Committee. For more information, see the web site: http://paloaltocatholic.org/GreenCommittee.html.
4. Bell-ringing report Our bell-ringing event took place on October 24 at 11 am. A group of about ten people, including Fr. George, were at St. Thomas Aquinas Church. The group posed for a picture in front of the "350" poster. Several participants rang the bell, which tolled more than 35 times.
5. Updating HCC membership for Parish Data System Walt went to the Parish Council meeting. The Council wants to develop a database of individuals in the various ministries. We need to get addresses and telephone numbers for our members.
6. What's On Your Mind? Walt is still looking for additional volunteers for RSVP (Respond Supportively Very Promptly).
Ruth discussed St. Vincent dePaul's plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas. There will be Christmas gift collection and distribution, and Thanksgiving meals.
7. Volunteer for Faith-sharing/Question of the Week
Next meeting - January 26, 2010